Monday, July 9, 2012

A Dark Adventure

Last night, right before bedtime, lightening struck the transformer and our electricity went out.  Hubs had to go work night shift, but before he did, he moved a couple mattresses onto our screened in patio for the kids and me to sleep out there. Inside was too sultry without air conditioning. The kids were a little frightened at first, and it took Beauty a while to be convinced she could not watch tv and they could not keep opening the refrigerator.  Sleeping on the patio was our little adventure.

It was actually quite pleasant, with a gentle rain. When I closed my eyes, I was immediately taken back to the days when I went to summer music camp. It's funny how these memories can be triggered.  I cannot believe it has been nearly 20 years ago!!!  Anyway, the electricity came back on around 3:30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment