Sunday, June 3, 2012

Okay, so Hubs was right

I am going to make a confession.  It is my husband who has the green thumb in this marriage, and not I.  I have all the great ideas and do all the reading, but he is the natural talent.

About the second or third week of March,  I planted carrots and peas.  The seed instructions said the carrots take around 70 days to harvest.  Two weeks ago, I checked them and there were no carrots.  The green shoots were up and beautiful, but nothing under ground.  I figured I set them out too late or didn't have the ground loose enough or any number of things.  I was all ready to till it over and try again next year.

Hubs said, "Wait. Just give em time."  "But it's already too hot, they probably won't produce, " I argued.  "Wait", he said. So I waited.


Sure, they aren't big enough yet to actually pull up and enjoy, but this is a surprise. To me. Not Hubs.

Sometimes I am glad to admit when I am wrong.


2 comments:

  1. I guess that's one of the secrets of successful relationships: when you're able to admit you're wrong. It takes great courage to be humble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when they're right ;)
    I have a love hate relationship with gardening. I really want to be a gardener, but I am not very good at it, which makes me like it less....vicious cycle! Can't wait to hear how they do! Love your blog, I'm your newest follower....here from vB!
    Kim
    My Twintastic LIfe

    ReplyDelete