Wednesday, June 27, 2012

uuuuuuuggggghhhhh!

When will I learn?  When will I finally separate myself from this mentality that has become so prevalent in America?  You know, the "It's okay to indulge every now and then because I deserve it" attitude.  I don't necessarily disagree with that statement, except....in this particular case it is neither indulgent, nor do I deserve it.  What am I talking about? I'll give you a big fat hint:



Why do we call food that is BAD, BAD, BAAAAD for us treats and indulgences?  I guess back in the day, eating out was a treat cause it was rarely done.  But now, for many homes, eating IN (and not delivery, but actual home-cooked meals) is the rarity.

Anyway, Hubs told me this morning he wanted pizza for supper.  The initial plan was, I was going to make it myself-using fresh, whole-food-ish ingredients.  Did I? Obviously not. By the time supper time rolled around, I had talked myself out of cooking and we opted for the above vice instead.  I loooooovvvvveeeee the crust and cheese!  I should not eat the crust and cheese! Not to mention the grease. Yuck!

The simple truth is, I cannot eat that much wheat or processed junk if I want to feel good.  To make matters worse, I somehow pulled a muscle in my shoulder/neck area and it has been killing me for days. Tonight's "indulgence" is just going to increase my inflammation and overall feeling of "ick".

Yes, I know I am only human and can expect to "fall off the wagon" a time or two until some new lifestyle habits are fully developed, but I simply cannot afford to.

So, I guess, here's to getting up and trying again!




No comments:

Post a Comment