Sunday, March 18, 2012

Still Here

I'm still here, though I haven't had much opportunity to blog lately!

First of all, our laptop has gone caput.  We think the motherboard has gone bad.  Believe it or not, it will ultimately be cheaper if we actually fix it than it would be to just buy a new laptop.  But, that repair still needs to be budgeted so we'll have to wait a bit.  Fortunately, my dad offered to let us use their old laptop, a mini (and I mean MINI) Dell in the meantime.  Thanks Mom and Dad!

It looks as though Spring has sprung here in the Bluegrass....at least this week.  One can never rely upon KY weather.  We are struggling with our lawn mower.  When we went to get it out of its winter home in the barn, we found that one of the back tires seperated from the rim so after many failed attempts to get it on ourselves, we packed it off to Wal-Mart's tire and lube for repair. Then we had to jump the battery. Then it wouldn't move when we put it in gear.  Eventually we figured out Hubs had left off some kind of key thingy when he put the tire back on.  So finally he drove it to the house, mowed part of the back yard and realized the barren (baring?) was worn out and now that has to be replaced.  The lawmower place was closed for the day, so we'll have to wait till Hubs gets a chance to go by there for a new part. 

I did get some pansies and lavender planted and mulch laid out.  That makes me happy.

Oh, and we were gone last Monday-Thursday on our annual visit to Pigeon Forge, TN.  I'll post pics in a future post.

We gave the Blazer a tune-up which greatly increased its gas mileage-thank goodness!  Hubs has had his truck to three different mechanics (including the dealership) and it still dies at random.  Since he cannot take a chance on that happening on his way to work, he must drive the Blazer which leaves me without a vehicle until we can figure out what is wrong with the truck.  Thank goodness he starts day shift tomorrow, which will have him home by 3:30, but I don't know yet how I am going to get the kids to their weekly speech appointments.  It'll all work out though.  I have a Great God who has blessed me with a wonderful extended family who is always willing to help out when they can.

So, that's what's been going on around here.

As promised, I will post later about our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment