Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day to My Jo-Jo

JOEYMARCIA (2) Us, back in the day. (love my farmer’s tan?)

 

My husband. What can I say about my man-of-few-words, my country boy? Well Brad Paisley describes him to a tee in this song:

I am not usually the goofy, gushy romantic.  PDA has never been my style.  But this Valentine’s Day I want to give a shout out to my quieter half.

I say quieter because he is in fact just that. To say my husband is a man of few words would be the understatement of the century.  That’s okay because he shouts volumes in what he does rather than what he says.

He says “I love you” by changing the oil in the car and by checking the air in the tires. And by tending to our son so I can have some time for myself or our daughter. And by performing mundane labor at a job he doesn’t particularly care for so I may stay home to be our kids’ mom. This list is endless.

He says “I need you” when he asks “what’s to eat?” (I admit this used to drive me crazy and left me wanting to shout-I don’t know! Go look for yourself! But that was then. That was before I learned to speak his language.)

He says “I find you beautiful” when he mumbles “I like your hair like that”.

Yep. When I think about it, he is the gushy romantic one.

Happy Valentine’s Day Jo-Jo!

No comments:

Post a Comment